Saturday, January 16, 2010

Our decision

Thank you for all your words of encouragement and advice on my last post. We will be doing another SA on Monday to see how DH's numbers are looking now. We have decided to have him give a sample a few days before retrieval so they can freeze some swimmers. He will also be giving a sample the day of in hopes that will have more than enough sperm to choose from. The back-up frozen sample will only cost us an additional $240 which is well worth it.

If I wanted to use a donor I would be doing IUI. We are doing IVF so we can have our children. We will move onto dIUI if needed.

If you are the praying type we could really use them right about now.

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good plan! Especially having the frozen backup - never can hurt. I'll be thinking of you this cycle...best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers? You got 'em sister! Lots and lots...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We froze another sample for backup too, in case the sample the day of was bad (or worse than usual) or DH couldn't "produce" under the stress of it being retrieval day and do-or-die for getting the sample. Luckily the day of things went fine and his sample was good enough for ICSI, so I hope the same will be true for you.
    I have fertility issues myself, but if I were doing IVF for MF reasons, I'd do exactly what you're doing: try to maximize my chances with DH's sperm by having a backup sample or two, and if we had to move to DS eventually, I'd just do dIUIs instead.
    Good luck with the cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the last part of this cycle! We had backup also because DH has major morph issues, but we didn't need it. Hopefully you won't either and it will just be bonus sperm!

    Thanks for de-lurking over my way...it's so nice to meet new readers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you guys came to a decision! There are so many decisions along the way....and now you have one more done. :)

    makingmemom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will definitely be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like an excellent plan One, I hope his SA looked really good today and I'm getting very excited for you both and am looking forward to cheering you on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A good decision.

    I'm really hoping that you get a good result on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am definitely the praying type, and will be doing just that for you guys in the days to come! I'm hoping that the next SA is much better!

    ReplyDelete