Friday, October 23, 2009

All the love

Thank you bloggy friends for the outpouring of love! These past two days have been a nightmare. My poor mom has been sick for so long. I think she is relived to finally have a diagnosis. From what I have researched Lymph.oma is a very treatable cancer. I have faith that she will be ok, and we will be able to get through this. Her news is incredibly hard because my father was killed in a car accident when I was 7, so, being the oldest child, I was more like my mom's right-hand-man growing up. She is my best friend! I simply don't know how I would live without her. And how the heck could I be a mom without her!! Ok, the tears are coming, I need to stop.
I just wanted to say thank you so much! I haven't been able to tell any IRL friends because my mom doesn't want people to know until the doctors know more about what stage it is at and what form of Lymph.oma she has. So being able to vent here has been such a relief. I wish I could hug each one of you. Thank you for all the prayers. I will update as I know more.

6 comments:

  1. I just tried to leave a comment- argh!!!! I am so sorry. {HUGS}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry. My MIL got the same diagnosis about 3 months ago. You have a long road ahead of you, but I wish you peace and comfort to get through it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry about your Mom. It sounds as though she's very lucky to have you, and that she'll do well with your support.

    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, if she's been feeling so crummy for so long, I'm also relieved that she has a diagnosis. When they know what it is, they'd better be able to treat it!
    Isn't the blogworld wonderful for gathering support you're not able to in real life? I hope the staging and typing will go fast, and she'll be able to pursue treatment very soon. I can only imagine how much harder it must be when she's your only parent and you're so close to her. I'm sure hour support and love will make all the difference to her outlook and outcome. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear about your mum's diagnosis. Thinking about you at this extremely difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm very sorry to hear of your mom's awful news. Hoping that she can get through it with a full recovery. I know she'll be glad to have you there to support her. Prayers and hugs.

    ReplyDelete