Thursday, December 17, 2009

They should win

That's what my husband told me last night while watching Monday night's DVR'ed episode of Si.ng O.ff. He was referring to the Colo.rado group named F.ace. You see, one of the group members is married to a br.east can.cer survivor and she was rendered infertile after che.mo. Before going in for treatment they froze a few embryos hoping to have her carry them after treatment. Unfortunately the dang drugs took that away from her too. The story goes on that one of the band mate's wife offered to be a gestational carrier for the couple. They are now the proud parents of a son. So after seeing this story on the show, DH looked at me and said, "Aww, they should win." I thought it was really sweet given the fact that DH really doesn't like to talk about IF stuff and seems to fell only marginally sympathetic for me when I have a total break down about it. (But I really don't think he knows what to do with me in those instances.) I simply agreed and was singing hallelujah on the inside. He gets it!

3 comments:

  1. Compassion. It's a quality that many people lack. You're a lucky gal to be married to a man that is.

    Saying Hallelujah with ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweetie he is. This post made me happy and a bit teary eyed. You've got a keeper there girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet hubby :).

    ReplyDelete