Monday, November 2, 2009

November already

I can't believe it is already November! I love the holiday season. The smells, the sounds, the food! We are hosting Thanksgiving at our house this year! I am pretty excited but nervous at the same time. Hopefully I will survive.

I was thinking about our plan last night and it dawned on me that is we would've started our first IVF in March as planned I would be 8 months pregnant right now. (Well if it would've worked.) My RE gave me an EDD of December 20th. There are times it feel like it will never happen. We have waited so long and we still have months to go. Sigh... I guess I am still being taught how to be patient.

Hope you all had a happy Halloween! Thanksgiving is only 3 weeks away! I better get shopping.

6 comments:

  1. I love the holiday season! I'm sure you will be a wonderful hostess for Thanksgiving!

    This whole IF journey is a lesson in patience! I'm still learning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the holidays too...such a magical season! We're hosting the ILs at our house for Thanksgiving. Should be fun! MIL is already asking what I think about the menu and I feel like I haven't been able to catch my breath long enough to think abou it! :-)

    I'm sorry that this time of year is also bringing up some tough IF emotions for you. Life Happens is right...if this journey can't teach/reinforce patience for us, nothing can. And, it definitely sucks!

    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love November too. The leaves, the fall-like weather, more sleep, holiday season, etc. Fun times. I wish you luck as you're considering your IVF plan. My next apt to plan out our first IVF cycle is on Nov. 20. I'm a bit nervous about it all, but I'm committed. The emotions are crazy though. One moment I'm happy, the next moment I'm sad.

    Take care of yourself. I'm right there with you! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is huge that you are taking on Thanksgiving! My last (first) one I tried was a disaster. It was just my husband and I though...we ordered Chinese later that night. LOL!!! I don't know if I will ever do it again without help.

    Good luck my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The 'what if' thinking is hard. I was due on Jan 1 so I should be huge by now and on maternity leave. But I'm not and it sucks.

    I wish we had thanksgiving in Australia - it sounds like such a nice celebration :)

    ReplyDelete